Thursday, January 31, 2013
Birthday Birthday
I turned 22 years old yesterday. I was born to my sweet parents on January, 30th 22 years ago. It's funny to me how when birthdays arrive it doesn't really seem to feel any different and yet another year has flown by. When you look back over the past year it seems as though so much has changed. What baffles me is that isn't a year such a little amount of time? Isn't it so short in comparison to the large scheme of things? And yet, in the past year I was able to finish my last three semesters of college, watch my brother leave on a mission, fall in love, break my heart, learn to mend it again, see those I love through hard times, and begin my career as an educator. All of this and so much more in a year. A simple, tiny year. The ability that humans have to accomplish things is incredible. I am grateful for the past year and looking forward to the new one to come. Although I know this year will bring so much sadness, challenge, excitement, and joy--I look forward to it all. It makes me stronger each year. Here is to being 22! Young, beautiful, and more and more in touch with who I am becoming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment