I have had the time recently to think and reflect on what I love and what makes me tick. In other words what makes Karla Thelma...Karla Thelma. Here is a list I have composed:
1. I love my family more than words can describe, being away from them leaves me with a little empty feeling
2. I adore slow dancing, it is one of my favorite things. Oddly it makes me miss stake dances when that cute boy would come up and ask you to dance. It also makes me miss going up to the wallflower boys and scaring the daylights out of them as I ask them to dance--yes I was THAT girl
3. Disney-need I say more? Disneyland, Disney Movies, Disney Princesses, Disney Princes, Disney dress up, DISNEY DISNEY DISNEY
4. Tulips. I dream about going to Holland to run through fields of tulips (it's Holland right?)
5. The ocean, being out on the ocean, there is nothing like it
6. Children, they are the light in my life. They remind me to be free! I don't know what I would do if I couldn't teach.
7. Sending mail, not to mention receiving it as well
8. Blasting oldies music and being proud to know almost every single song that comes on the oldies station--let alone knowing what the oldies station is by heart no matter where I move
9. Dressing up--for no reason at all
10. Building forts
11. Cuddling up in a big sweatshirt with a book, or just cuddling
12. Yoga pants, not yoga...just the pants
13. Teaching
14. Bathing suits...wearing them all day in the summer so you are ready to swim at a moment's notice
15. The "after Thanksgiving a coma" where my whole family and extended family piles on the couch in front of a Disney movie. Then waking up an hour later with someone's foot in your face and head on your shoulder
16. Harry Potter
17. Watching murder mysteries with my grandma :)
18. Pugs
19. Dancing in the rain
20. Rocking a baby to sleep, feels like you're with an angel
21. The peace of a river or stream
22. Laying in the sun and falling asleep, then coming in with red lines all over your face from the grass
23. Being barefoot, everyday, everywhere
24. Cabins
25. Falling asleep to movies on the couch with my brother laughing like a mad man
26. Heart to hearts
27. Pillow Talk
28. Cramming into a twin sized bed with my best friend and not feeling squished at all
29. Love. No matter what type, it always fascinates me how powerful one little 4 letter word can be. Never ever take it for granted, more people in this world need love
30. The Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is my rock.
There are many more things that I love and would write about, but I would rather let that become more of a mystery discovery process. I am unique. We all are. Be proud of who you are, what you are like, and what you are capable of. Some of the best advice I ever received was to "Never doubt yourself". I have followed that as best as I know how. And you know what? It's true.
No comments:
Post a Comment