I like to consider myself a planner. I am efficient, reliable, and capable of making decisions that will ultimately have a large effect on my future. However, often times the unexpected happens. I am beginning to realize that there are many things in my life that have been unexpected but tremendous. I often stumble into situations or people that will in turn affect my life forever. I am learning that instead of analyzing the situation to death and basically shredding it to pieces with my girl emotions, it is better to enjoy the moment and to expect the unexpected. There are reasons why some things work out and others don't. There are reasons why people enter your life at the precise moment they are needed, whether you realize they are needed or not. For example, there are reasons why a sweet man will come into your life and heal your broken heart just as you are starting to lose your faith in men. See? Unexpected but tremendous :)
There are reasons why teaching is challenging but extremely rewarding. I went into student teaching expecting a much different experience then the one I am currently having. And in all honesty, I wouldn't have experienced student teaching the way I had originally thought. This experience is much more fitted to me and what I need. Often times the unexpected is what we least expect because we haven't yet realized that we need to experience it. The unexpected is often more thrilling, challenging, and uncertain--but in the end it is the most rewarding, fulfilling, and instrumental in bringing us closer to discovering who we are.
I am grateful for the unexpected, it keeps me humble and teachable. I expect to continue to have unexpected tremendous moments to carry me through this life.

No comments:
Post a Comment