Some days I really miss my brother. Today slapped me with this excruciating pain and longing for my goofy, sensitive, caring brother who, if you didn't know, is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in South Carolina. He loves it and I love that he is there and all. I could not be more proud of him and what he is doing. Yet, days like today, out of the clear blue....I start bawling and I mean bawling. I think my life is moving so quickly and I want to share it all with him. However as I thought those selfish thoughts today I realized that my brother needs uplifting words, not "I miss you"'s. He missed his other "sister"'s wedding this weekend. That was really hard for him--as he said in his email today. So I sat down to write him a letter reminding him that the work he is doing is the Lord's work. That he is the Lord's hands. That the Lord will not leave him comfortless in his dedicated service to the children of God.
I am grateful for brothers. I am grateful for family. I am grateful for the freedom of religion. I am grateful for prayer. Mostly, today I am grateful for a brother like Willson. I could not have asked for a better friend to walk me through this life. Having a missionary away from home for two years can be very hard at times--especially when he is your own sibling-- but it is so worth it. I wrote him and told him that while he has been gone he has not only been other peoples saving grace, but many many times in the past 16.5 months he has been mine.












No comments:
Post a Comment